- This event has passed.
Tomato Omakase at Lark’s Mezzanine Bar
September 13 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$140
Tomato season in Seattle begins in late summer, and in the blink of an eye, those delectable beauties won’t be back for a while. To make the most of the fresh harvest, chef John Sundstrom will present a Tomato Omakase dining experience at Lark’s mezzanine bar on Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 6 p.m.
Sundstrom will prepare an eight-course vegetarian Tomato Omakase feast served with wine and cocktails. As he guides guests through each course of this exclusive event, Sundstrom wil share his inspiration and ideas on the ingredients and techniques used.
The menu for the evening is as follows:
- First Course: Parker House Roll with truffle mayonnaise, Big Beef tomato, and fleur de sel
- Second Course: Tomato Water Chawanmushi with avocado and shiso
- Third Course: Burrata with Billy’s tomatoes, blackberries, basil, and tomato paper
- Fourth Course: Crescenza Cheese & Almond Stuffed Squash Blossom with corn huitlacoche and pickled ground cherry
- Fifth Course: Tomato Temaki: nori, sushi rice, fried shallots, and tomato ginger jam
- Sixth Course: Milk Skin Tart with fermented cherry tomato, chickpea, and pistachio
- Seventh Course: Fried Green Tomatoes with corn and lobster mushroom ragout
- Dessert Course: Half Dried Tomato Tarte Tatin with lemon thyme, smoked caramel, and creme fraiche ice cream
Dinner begins at 6pm and the cost is $140/person plus tax and gratuity. Seating is very limited.